Hostess Gift Baskets
For the Film Buff
She remembers every line of dialogue between Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth Bennet and Mark Darcy and Bridget Jones. Indulge her with an ensemble cast of extras in a popcorn popper.
Contents, shown clockwise from top:
- AMC Entertainment Card for buying movie tickets and snacks.
To buy: $10 to $100, amctheaters.com.
- Back to Basics Stainless Steel Stove Top Popcorn Popper.
To buy: $49, amazon.com.
- Netflix Subscription.
To buy: $30 to $54 for three months, netflix.com.
- The Film Snob's Dictionary: An Essential Lexicon of Filmological Knowledge, by David Kamp with Lawrence Levi (Broadway).
To buy: $12, barnesandnoble.com for store locations.
- Fireworks Popcorn Company popping corn, which is available in 13 varieties, with names like Blue Heron and Autumn Blaze.
To buy: $10 for a 4-pound bottle, wisconsinmade.com.
- Subscription to Entertainment Weekly magazine (a sister publication of Real Simple).
To buy: $20, ew.com.
Most Popular Galleries
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.