Hostess Gift Baskets
Creative ideas that you can customize for her tastes―and your budget.
She knows a half-dozen versions of Turkey Leftover Surprise, but does she want to eat it? Give her palate a break with ingredients for a gourmet pasta meal, all packed neatly in a colander "basket."
Contents shown, clockwise from top:
- 100 Ways to Be Pasta, by Wanda and Giovanna Tornabene with Caroline Carreno (Knopf), offers inventive options, such as Tagliolini with Green Apple Pesto and Speck.
To buy: $25, amazon.com.
- Simply Clean Flour Sacks.
To buy: $10 for a set of 4, bedbathandbeyond.com.
- A hearty chunk of Parmigiano-Reggiano adds authenticity to a pasta meal.
To buy: About $4 for four ounces, at grocery stores.
- Metro 5-Quart Stainless Steel Colander.
To buy: $11, kmart.com.
- Williams-Sonoma cooking class gift certificate.
To buy: williams-sonoma.com.
- Nunez De Prado Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is from Spain, and the bottle is pretty enough to bring to the table.
To buy: $15, wholefoods.com for store locations.
- Rustichella d'Abruzzo Bucatini have a smooth texture and homemade flavor.
To buy: $5, manicaretti.com for store locations.
- Bella Cucina Artful Food Farmhouse Sugo Sun-Dried Tomato & Caper Pasta Sauce is almost as good as her own―but without all that simmering time.
To buy: $20, bellacucinaartfulfood.com.
- Find more food gift ideas.