14 Creative Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas
How To: Make a Memorable Recipe Frame
What You Need
Recipe to Frame
- Remove everything from inside frame. Using your mat board and knife, cut a new mat board the exact size of your frame so that it fits snuggly inside. (When cutting, make sure the slant of the knife is facing in the direction of the object you're framing.)
- Measure the objects you're framing against the mat board.
- Decide where you'll want to place your recipe and photo. Turn the mat over so that the back is facing you. Using your pencil and ruler, draw a box just smaller than each object in the spots you want your objects to go. For example, if your object is 4"x 6", draw a window that is 3.5" x 5.5".
- Still working on the back side of the mat, cut the other three sides, pressing hard so the knife cuts the whole way through. Cut each side just slightly past the corner of the window you drew (don’t worry, you won’t see this in the end result) – it helps sharpen the corners.
- Push out the window and position your objects (recipe and photo) behind it, until they're just right.
“Follow this general rule of thumb to ensure you have enough wine to serve (without overbuying) at your next event....”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Two new studies indicate that driving with a hangover could be just as dangerou...
It's time to rethink your holiday dinner party. Rather than opting for the ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Remember the Virgin Mary in the grilled cheese? Or Mother Teresa in a cinnamo...