14 Creative Homemade Holiday Gift Ideas
How To: Make a Memorable Recipe Frame
What You Need
Recipe to Frame
- Remove everything from inside frame. Using your mat board and knife, cut a new mat board the exact size of your frame so that it fits snuggly inside. (When cutting, make sure the slant of the knife is facing in the direction of the object you're framing.)
- Measure the objects you're framing against the mat board.
- Decide where you'll want to place your recipe and photo. Turn the mat over so that the back is facing you. Using your pencil and ruler, draw a box just smaller than each object in the spots you want your objects to go. For example, if your object is 4"x 6", draw a window that is 3.5" x 5.5".
- Still working on the back side of the mat, cut the other three sides, pressing hard so the knife cuts the whole way through. Cut each side just slightly past the corner of the window you drew (don’t worry, you won’t see this in the end result) – it helps sharpen the corners.
- Push out the window and position your objects (recipe and photo) behind it, until they're just right.
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
If you were just thinking about how you’d like more artisanal home goods a...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An anti-cancer drug made by the U.S. biotech firm Celgene can re-activate hidde...
Dear Ellen, teach us your flipping ways! News broke that Ellen DeGeneres has mad...
from POPSUGAR Home
Stella!!! Read more: Chrissy Teigen , Recipes , Beer , Stella...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Creative families need creative spaces. For Autumn Sproles; her husband, Chri...