Tiny, Snarky Chain Stitch
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 1 to 2 hours, depending on your experience
What You Need
- Ornate picture frame (3 by 5 inches or 4 by 6 inches; prowl your thrift shop for options)
- needlepoint fabric
- embroidery hoop
- fabric pen
- festive metallic thread
- scissors (most supplies are available at Michaels stores; michaels.com)
- your own best line
What to Do
- Place the picture frame on top of the fabric. Using the pen, trace around the outside of the frame.
- Write the above message―or your own unexpected statement―across the center of the traced fabric and fill the corners, or sides, with stars or other sweet designs.
- Secure the fabric on an embroidery hoop.
- Embroider a chain stitch to cover the message.
- Remove the hoop and cut the fabric around the frame tracing. Then insert the chain stitch into the frame.