14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Fabric-Mounted Family Photo
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 10 minutes (plus 10 minutes drying time)
What You Need
- a great picture
- a brightly colored frame (use an 8-by-10-inch frame for a 5-by-7-inch shot, or a 5-by-7-inch frame for a 4-by-6-inch shot)
- textured but thin fabric (a remnant from a sewing store is perfect, as long as it is a couple of inches bigger than the frame)
- fabric glue
- archival photo tape
What to Do
- Upload a few photos (so you have some choice) to a site that produces great-quality prints, like adorama.com. Order copies in black-and-white or color on matte paper, which has a sophisticated look.
- To make the mounting, cut the fabric slightly larger than the cardboard backing of the frame.
- Apply glue to the edges of the backing and wrap the fabric tautly around each side. Press firmly. Dry under a heavy book for about 10 minutes.
- Using a ruler, center the photo, then secure it with photo tape. Carefully slip the mounted picture into the frame.
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
Think it’s decadent to sleep at midday? Think again. A power nap can make you smarter, saner, and healthier.
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Riots broke out in Guinea's second-largest city Nzerekore over rumors that heal...
The Everygirl takes us inside Jenna Leigh Kutcher's charming, "West-El...
from POPSUGAR Home
This is why people love French food. (Well, this and because of all the butter.)...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Whether you work with a general contractor or act as one on your own project, ...