14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Fabric-Mounted Family Photo
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 10 minutes (plus 10 minutes drying time)
What You Need
- a great picture
- a brightly colored frame (use an 8-by-10-inch frame for a 5-by-7-inch shot, or a 5-by-7-inch frame for a 4-by-6-inch shot)
- textured but thin fabric (a remnant from a sewing store is perfect, as long as it is a couple of inches bigger than the frame)
- fabric glue
- archival photo tape
What to Do
- Upload a few photos (so you have some choice) to a site that produces great-quality prints, like adorama.com. Order copies in black-and-white or color on matte paper, which has a sophisticated look.
- To make the mounting, cut the fabric slightly larger than the cardboard backing of the frame.
- Apply glue to the edges of the backing and wrap the fabric tautly around each side. Press firmly. Dry under a heavy book for about 10 minutes.
- Using a ruler, center the photo, then secure it with photo tape. Carefully slip the mounted picture into the frame.
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
If you’re a sucker for old-Hollywood glamour, art-deco accents and like to...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Researchers are closer than ever to finding a cure for Alzheimer's disease, but...
Beyoncé and Jay Z's On the Run Tour isn't the only reason people are b...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Tofu McNuggets are here, WHAT'S NEXT?! Read more: Mcdonald...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Conifer addiction can be a terrible thing. Just ask anyone who knows me. Visito...