14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Fabric-Mounted Family Photo
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 10 minutes (plus 10 minutes drying time)
What You Need
- a great picture
- a brightly colored frame (use an 8-by-10-inch frame for a 5-by-7-inch shot, or a 5-by-7-inch frame for a 4-by-6-inch shot)
- textured but thin fabric (a remnant from a sewing store is perfect, as long as it is a couple of inches bigger than the frame)
- fabric glue
- archival photo tape
What to Do
- Upload a few photos (so you have some choice) to a site that produces great-quality prints, like adorama.com. Order copies in black-and-white or color on matte paper, which has a sophisticated look.
- To make the mounting, cut the fabric slightly larger than the cardboard backing of the frame.
- Apply glue to the edges of the backing and wrap the fabric tautly around each side. Press firmly. Dry under a heavy book for about 10 minutes.
- Using a ruler, center the photo, then secure it with photo tape. Carefully slip the mounted picture into the frame.
Most Popular Galleries
“Meredith Perez, founder and creative director of Belle Fleur, explains how to create a lush flower arrangement....”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Scientists have developed a blood test that they say could lead to an early dia...
The allure of living in a sprawling prefab nestled on a scenic plot of land is u...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Lets face it: Most of us are afraid of using pattern of any kind on large uphol...