14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Fabric-Mounted Family Photo
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 10 minutes (plus 10 minutes drying time)
What You Need
- a great picture
- a brightly colored frame (use an 8-by-10-inch frame for a 5-by-7-inch shot, or a 5-by-7-inch frame for a 4-by-6-inch shot)
- textured but thin fabric (a remnant from a sewing store is perfect, as long as it is a couple of inches bigger than the frame)
- fabric glue
- archival photo tape
What to Do
- Upload a few photos (so you have some choice) to a site that produces great-quality prints, like adorama.com. Order copies in black-and-white or color on matte paper, which has a sophisticated look.
- To make the mounting, cut the fabric slightly larger than the cardboard backing of the frame.
- Apply glue to the edges of the backing and wrap the fabric tautly around each side. Press firmly. Dry under a heavy book for about 10 minutes.
- Using a ruler, center the photo, then secure it with photo tape. Carefully slip the mounted picture into the frame.
Most Popular Galleries
“Before you get busy packing the basket, take a second to find out if you’re smarter than the average bear. (Answers below the photo!) 1. If you’ve been stung by a bee, what can you use to remove the...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
While any coffee will provide some healthy payoffs, you need to pick the right ...
It happens with our fashion sense, our cooking skills, our finances - you name i...
from POPSUGAR Home
SANTA PAULA, Calif. (AP) — What was supposed to be a cheap bite at Del Taco turn...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The dream of a summer lake house seems to exist for a lot of us, perhaps plante...