14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Makes: 2 gifts (6 sachets in all)
Total time: 10 minutes
What You Need
- 12 cinnamon sticks
- 6 pieces star anise
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice berries
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 6 bouquet garni bags ($8 for 12 bags, surlatable.com)
What to Do
Divide the cinnamon, star anise, allspice, and cloves among the bags. Keep at room temperature for up to 6 months.
How to Package Your Gift
- Divide the sachets between 2 small boxes lined with decorative foil or paper. Try the Bamboo Stackable Drawer Organizers available at containerstore.com (3 by 6 by 2 inches, $4 each).
- Handwrite or download the following instructions on a gift tag or label to include with your gift: “Simmer 1 sachet in 2 quarts apple cider for 15 minutes. Serves 8.”
- Tuck gift tags with instructions into the boxes; wrap with decorative wrapping paper or fabric that is cut to the width of each box, leaving the ends open. Secure each with a ribbon and finish by tying on a cinnamon stick and a star anise piece.
For a printable PDF with the instructions, suitable for including with your gift, go to Homemade How-tos (scroll to the second page).
Most Popular Galleries
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.