14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Makes: 3 gifts (24 twists in all)
Total time: 25 minutes
What You Need
- 1 thawed sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce box)
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ cups finely grated Manchego cheese (about 5 ounces)
What to Do
- Heat oven to 400° F. Brush the pastry with the egg, and sprinkle with the paprika, salt, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Cut the pastry into 12 ¾-inch-wide strips, then halve the strips crosswise.
- Twist the strips and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese and bake until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Keep at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to Package Your Gift
- Divide the twists among parchment-lined boxes. Try the Open Lid Brown Rib Gift Boxes available at jampaper.com (6 by 4½ by 4½ inches, $2.50 each). Wrap with decorative paper or fabric that is cut slightly narrower than the width of each box, leaving the ends open; secure with ribbon.
Next: Mulled-Cider Sachets
“Before you get busy packing the basket, take a second to find out if you’re smarter than the average bear. (Answers below the photo!) 1. If you’ve been stung by a bee, what can you use to remove the...”
Why book a flight to a touristy beach resort when you can try one of these off-the-beaten-path weekend escapes?
Most Friends fans love Monica Geller’s ’90s-chic apartment, but hate...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Diagnosed with retinitis pigmentosa as a teenager, Pontz has been almost comple...
11 things you may regret in your 30s - Smart Living Who needs an art wall when y...
from POPSUGAR Home
Restaurateur Amy Morton is no stranger to the culinary world. The business, she ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
When building designer, and small-space-specialist Paul Hindes from Soul Space...