14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Makes: 3 gifts (24 twists in all)
Total time: 25 minutes
What You Need
- 1 thawed sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce box)
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ cups finely grated Manchego cheese (about 5 ounces)
What to Do
- Heat oven to 400° F. Brush the pastry with the egg, and sprinkle with the paprika, salt, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Cut the pastry into 12 ¾-inch-wide strips, then halve the strips crosswise.
- Twist the strips and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese and bake until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Keep at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to Package Your Gift
- Divide the twists among parchment-lined boxes. Try the Open Lid Brown Rib Gift Boxes available at jampaper.com (6 by 4½ by 4½ inches, $2.50 each). Wrap with decorative paper or fabric that is cut slightly narrower than the width of each box, leaving the ends open; secure with ribbon.
Next: Mulled-Cider Sachets
Most Popular Galleries
“Have you ever found yourself poolside with a beverage, but no bottle opener? With the new Ooh La La Bottle Cap Cuff by Three Jane on your arm, you can skip the hassle of walking back to the house....”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
We lost one of the greats when actor James Gandolfini, died of a possible heart...
You may have aged out of sleepaway camp but no one would blame you for missing i...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
You don't even have to sign up for Match.com to do so....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
While many architects the world over build houses that bring the outside in, in...