14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Makes: 3 gifts (24 twists in all)
Total time: 25 minutes
What You Need
- 1 thawed sheet frozen puff pastry (from a 17.3-ounce box)
- 1 beaten egg
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1¼ cups finely grated Manchego cheese (about 5 ounces)
What to Do
- Heat oven to 400° F. Brush the pastry with the egg, and sprinkle with the paprika, salt, and 1 cup of the cheese.
- Cut the pastry into 12 ¾-inch-wide strips, then halve the strips crosswise.
- Twist the strips and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing them 1 inch apart. Sprinkle with the remaining ¼ cup of cheese and bake until golden and crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Keep at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to Package Your Gift
- Divide the twists among parchment-lined boxes. Try the Open Lid Brown Rib Gift Boxes available at jampaper.com (6 by 4½ by 4½ inches, $2.50 each). Wrap with decorative paper or fabric that is cut slightly narrower than the width of each box, leaving the ends open; secure with ribbon.
Next: Mulled-Cider Sachets
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
If Robin Thicke and Paula Patton were decor elements, you’d think they wou...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Drugs that have been investigated to increase so-called “good” chol...
While you might expect Vincent Kartheiser (aka Mad Men's Pete Campbell) to ...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
We're entering a selfie apocalypse. Help. Read more: Food N...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
There’s nothing wrong with a white ceiling. White works beautifully with most c...