14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Family Recipe Book
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 20 minutes (once you have collected and color-copied your memorabilia)
What You Need
- Unlined journal (such as the Moleskine soft-cover pocket plain 80-page notebook, $12, moleskineus.com)
- recipe cards (the more sauce-splattered, the better)
- wine or Champagne labels
- photos from family meals
- adhesive (such as Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive, $5, dickblick.com)
- photo corners
- shimmery alphabet stickers (available at crafts stores)
What to Do
- Color-copy all recipe cards, photos, and labels if you want to preserve the originals or make more than one gift book.
- Compile the memorabilia by time period, holiday, or any other theme that inspires you.
- Affix the items horizontally in the journal. Use photo corners for pictures and recipe cards and adhesive for labels and clippings.
- Stick a title on the front of the journal with alphabet stickers (using a ruler helps), and finish off with a ribbon.
Next: Mini Succulent Garden
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
Date night can take on lots of forms: extreme, creative, outdoor and offbeatR...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
We hear over and over again that stress is unhealthy. And all that talk makes u...
Leaving bright hues behind, Fall is the time to cozy up your bedding with heavy ...
from POPSUGAR Home
This dessert takes no time at all to prep, but it looks REAL fancy. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The intense heat of summer and the cold winters of the Southwest are not for th...