14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Family Recipe Book
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 20 minutes (once you have collected and color-copied your memorabilia)
What You Need
- Unlined journal (such as the Moleskine soft-cover pocket plain 80-page notebook, $12, moleskineus.com)
- recipe cards (the more sauce-splattered, the better)
- wine or Champagne labels
- photos from family meals
- adhesive (such as Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive, $5, dickblick.com)
- photo corners
- shimmery alphabet stickers (available at crafts stores)
What to Do
- Color-copy all recipe cards, photos, and labels if you want to preserve the originals or make more than one gift book.
- Compile the memorabilia by time period, holiday, or any other theme that inspires you.
- Affix the items horizontally in the journal. Use photo corners for pictures and recipe cards and adhesive for labels and clippings.
- Stick a title on the front of the journal with alphabet stickers (using a ruler helps), and finish off with a ribbon.
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.