14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Family Recipe Book
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 20 minutes (once you have collected and color-copied your memorabilia)
What You Need
- Unlined journal (such as the Moleskine soft-cover pocket plain 80-page notebook, $12, moleskineus.com)
- recipe cards (the more sauce-splattered, the better)
- wine or Champagne labels
- photos from family meals
- adhesive (such as Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive, $5, dickblick.com)
- photo corners
- shimmery alphabet stickers (available at crafts stores)
What to Do
- Color-copy all recipe cards, photos, and labels if you want to preserve the originals or make more than one gift book.
- Compile the memorabilia by time period, holiday, or any other theme that inspires you.
- Affix the items horizontally in the journal. Use photo corners for pictures and recipe cards and adhesive for labels and clippings.
- Stick a title on the front of the journal with alphabet stickers (using a ruler helps), and finish off with a ribbon.
Next: Mini Succulent Garden
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
Excel spreadsheets are usually used to track the most banal of things: budgets t...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
After complaining of various health problems, a Scottish woman was found to hav...
There's no doubt that BBQs are a Summer staple, but if you're over the...
from POPSUGAR Home
Few beverages hold as much mystique as tequila. The beloved Mexican pick-me-up c...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
“Our home is a personal extension of how we appreciate art,” says Jose Gomez. “...