14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Tiny, Snarky Chain Stitch
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 1 to 2 hours, depending on your experience
What You Need
- Ornate picture frame (3 by 5 inches or 4 by 6 inches; prowl your thrift shop for options)
- needlepoint fabric
- embroidery hoop
- fabric pen
- festive metallic thread
- scissors (most supplies are available at Michaels stores; michaels.com)
- your own best line
What to Do
- Place the picture frame on top of the fabric. Using the pen, trace around the outside of the frame.
- Write the above message―or your own unexpected statement―across the center of the traced fabric and fill the corners, or sides, with stars or other sweet designs.
- Secure the fabric on an embroidery hoop.
- Embroider a chain stitch to cover the message.
- Remove the hoop and cut the fabric around the frame tracing. Then insert the chain stitch into the frame.
Next: Family Recipe Book
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
Think it’s decadent to sleep at midday? Think again. A power nap can make you smarter, saner, and healthier.
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Fecal microbiota transplants can save the lives of patients with serious infect...
"I tried to eat well on $4 a day; this is what happened" - Smart Livin...
from POPSUGAR Home
This might even be better than the watermelon ninja. Read more: ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This house in Hackney, London, was in poor condition when the owners enlisted t...