14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Tiny, Snarky Chain Stitch
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 1 to 2 hours, depending on your experience
What You Need
- Ornate picture frame (3 by 5 inches or 4 by 6 inches; prowl your thrift shop for options)
- needlepoint fabric
- embroidery hoop
- fabric pen
- festive metallic thread
- scissors (most supplies are available at Michaels stores; michaels.com)
- your own best line
What to Do
- Place the picture frame on top of the fabric. Using the pen, trace around the outside of the frame.
- Write the above message―or your own unexpected statement―across the center of the traced fabric and fill the corners, or sides, with stars or other sweet designs.
- Secure the fabric on an embroidery hoop.
- Embroider a chain stitch to cover the message.
- Remove the hoop and cut the fabric around the frame tracing. Then insert the chain stitch into the frame.
Next: Family Recipe Book
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
If Robin Thicke and Paula Patton were decor elements, you’d think they wou...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, I received a question from a man who wanted to know if he could eat his ...
If there is one place to be this Summer, it's Mexico's Flora Farm. Asi...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Last we checked, ice cream is supposed to melt if it isn't kept chilled. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
In the middle of summer I walk the garden in search of serendipity : a small s...