14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Gold-Leaf Bud-Vase Trio
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 15 minutes (plus 1½ hours drying time)
What You Need
- 3 glass bud vases of different shapes
- gold-leaf kit
- 2 small, soft paintbrushes
What to Do
- Dip a paintbrush in the adhesive (from the gold-leaf kit) and paint loose, slightly irregular upward strokes to cover the outer rims of the vases. Set aside for an hour while the adhesive becomes tacky (it will turn clear).
- Cut sheets of gold leaf into 1- to 2-inch strips. Press the gold leaf onto the adhesive. Peel off the paper backing. Dust away any excess gold leaf with the clean paintbrush.
- Apply the sealer and let dry for 30 minutes.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“I’ll have to admit… I’ve never actually hosted Thanksgiving and cooked the entire meal myself. Last year, I provided the space, but my mother and mother-in-law brought most of the food. Lucky for me,...”
Want to know what recipes, rooms and other products I’m currently crushing on? C...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
More anesthesiology residents have struggled with substance abuse disorders in ...
Between the gorgeous rooms and amazing products, Pinterest is already a design l...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
I spent a lot of time as a kid high up in the branches of a gigantic maple tree...