14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Makes: 2 gifts (1 liter in all)
Total time: 5 minutes (plus 1 week for infusing)
What You Need
- 1 liter vodka
- flavorings, such as 1½ cups fresh pineapple chunks, 4 vanilla beans, or 3 halved and seeded jalapeños
- glass bottles with tight seals
What to Do
- Divide the vodka and desired flavorings among the bottles.
- Refrigerate until the vodka reaches the desired level of infusion, at least 3 days and up to 1 week. Remove the flavorings after 1 week or instruct the recipient to do so. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 months.
How to Package Your Gift
- Divide the vodka among glass bottles with tight seals. Try the Twenty-Ounce Spice Bottles ($10 each), Fishs Eddy, 201-420-8828.
- Tie a ribbon around the neck of each and attach a gift tag.
Next: Gold-Leaf Bud-Vase Trio
Most Popular Galleries
“Before you get busy packing the basket, take a second to find out if you’re smarter than the average bear. (Answers below the photo!) 1. If you’ve been stung by a bee, what can you use to remove the...”
Why book a flight to a touristy beach resort when you can try one of these off-the-beaten-path weekend escapes?
Even though William Shakespeare would have turned 450 years old today, his plays...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors an...
When we caught wind that Domaine Home had a hand in revamping Lea Michele's...
from POPSUGAR Home
When in doubt, ask the experts. Read more: Drinks , Negronis , ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
A few decades ago, the only structure in a British garden was the trusty shed. ...