14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Makes: 2 gifts
Total time: 25 minutes
What You Need
- 2 flea-market sugar bowls
- 1 1-pound bag of soy wax
- microwave-safe container with pouring spout
- candle-fragrance oil
- wick tabs
- wood skewers or chopsticks
What to Do
- Follow the instructions on the soy-wax package for heating the wax and adding dye and fragrance.
- Cut the wicking so that it’s about three inches taller than the bowl.
- Thread the wicking through a wick tab and knot it at one end. Slide the wick tab down to the knot. Dip the wick tab into the melted wax to coat, then press down firmly in the center of the bowl to make it adhere.
- Tie the loose end of the wicking to a skewer (so that it won’t get caught in the wax), then rest the skewer across the lip of the bowl. Repeat the wick-tab process for the second bowl.
- Slowly pour the wax into the bowls and allow it to harden.
- Cut the wicks right below the skewers; they should stick up about a quarter inch from the wax.
Next: Infused Vodka
“I don’t normally like to feature items that aren’t available immediately, but I love this new picnic tote from Built NY too much to wait. It looks just like a regular tote, doesn’t it? But…it unfolds...”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
The Obama administration says more doctors and hospitals are embracing technolo...
'Tis the season of alfresco dining, so why not pick a scenic spot for your ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
You hunt and search and tour and tour. Then you make a move and live happily eve...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
This Minneapolis couple needed more living room: a space where they could hang ...