14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Makes: 2 gifts
Total time: 25 minutes
What You Need
- 2 flea-market sugar bowls
- 1 1-pound bag of soy wax
- microwave-safe container with pouring spout
- candle-fragrance oil
- wick tabs
- wood skewers or chopsticks
What to Do
- Follow the instructions on the soy-wax package for heating the wax and adding dye and fragrance.
- Cut the wicking so that it’s about three inches taller than the bowl.
- Thread the wicking through a wick tab and knot it at one end. Slide the wick tab down to the knot. Dip the wick tab into the melted wax to coat, then press down firmly in the center of the bowl to make it adhere.
- Tie the loose end of the wicking to a skewer (so that it won’t get caught in the wax), then rest the skewer across the lip of the bowl. Repeat the wick-tab process for the second bowl.
- Slowly pour the wax into the bowls and allow it to harden.
- Cut the wicks right below the skewers; they should stick up about a quarter inch from the wax.
Next: Infused Vodka
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
U.S. health officials on Thursday warned Americans not to travel to the three A...
from POPSUGAR Home
Boy oh boy he's done it again. Read more: Dominique Ansel ,...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post