14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Chocolate Nut Bark
Makes: 2 gifts (22 ounces in all)
Total time: 45 minutes
What You Need
- 12 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2½ cups mixed nuts
What to Do
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the chocolate evenly on a parchment-lined 9-by-13-inch baking pan and sprinkle with the nuts. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Break the bark into pieces. Keep at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to Package Your Gift
- Line two tins with wax paper or food-safe colored tissue. Try the Metallic Tins available at jampaper.com (6 by 2½ inches, $3.50 each).
Next: Sugar-Bowl Candles
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Yes, they’re annoying--and, yes, there are ways to deal. ...
Your square footage is set in stone, but if your space feels stuffed with stuff,...
from POPSUGAR Home
These recipes are truly show stopping. Read more: Best Burgers ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
It’s back-to-school time, and one great way to support your budding or independ...