14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Chocolate Nut Bark
Makes: 2 gifts (22 ounces in all)
Total time: 45 minutes
What You Need
- 12 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2½ cups mixed nuts
What to Do
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the chocolate evenly on a parchment-lined 9-by-13-inch baking pan and sprinkle with the nuts. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Break the bark into pieces. Keep at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to Package Your Gift
- Line two tins with wax paper or food-safe colored tissue. Try the Metallic Tins available at jampaper.com (6 by 2½ inches, $3.50 each).
Next: Sugar-Bowl Candles
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
If you’re a sucker for old-Hollywood glamour, art-deco accents and like to...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Camp Kesem aims to give children of cancer patients an escape to an environment...
You'll never look at your attic the same way again - HuffPost Home 5 bedroo...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Tofu McNuggets are here, WHAT'S NEXT?! Read more: Mcdonald...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Although there’s no such thing as an indestructible interior, there are steps y...