14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Chocolate Nut Bark
Makes: 2 gifts (22 ounces in all)
Total time: 45 minutes
What You Need
- 12 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
- 2½ cups mixed nuts
What to Do
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over (but not in) a saucepan of gently simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Spread the chocolate evenly on a parchment-lined 9-by-13-inch baking pan and sprinkle with the nuts. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Break the bark into pieces. Keep at room temperature for up to 1 week.
How to Package Your Gift
- Line two tins with wax paper or food-safe colored tissue. Try the Metallic Tins available at jampaper.com (6 by 2½ inches, $3.50 each).
Next: Sugar-Bowl Candles
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
If you were just thinking about how you’d like more artisanal home goods a...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An anti-cancer drug made by the U.S. biotech firm Celgene can re-activate hidde...
You may be strapped for cash, but that doesn't mean your home has to be str...
from POPSUGAR Home
So. Much. Cheese. Read more: How the French Eat , French Life ,...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Creative families need creative spaces. For Autumn Sproles; her husband, Chri...