14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Makes: 1 gift
Total time: 15 minutes
What You Need
- Hardback journal
- set of alphabet stamps
- stamp pad
- rubber band
- large binder clip
- acid-free paper
- adhesive, such as Tombow Mono Permanent Adhesive
What to Do
- Use a rubber band to secure 3 letter stamps together in monogram order. Practice stamping on a piece of scrap paper.
- Open the journal covers flat on the table. With the clip, clamp all the pages together. Stamp the edges of the stacked pages one side at a time, moving the clip as needed.
- To make endpapers, fold a piece of acid-free paper in half, lay it inside the existing front cover, and trim to fit. Do the same for the inside back cover.
- Draw light horizontal (or, for a looser motif, diagonal) lines across the paper. Stamp along the lines and let dry for 15 minutes. Erase the pencil marks.
- Apply adhesive to the existing endpaper, including the spine. Place the stamped paper on top. Press gently. Repeat for the inside back cover.
Next: Chocolate Nut Bark
Most Popular Galleries
“Before you get busy packing the basket, take a second to find out if you’re smarter than the average bear. (Answers below the photo!) 1. If you’ve been stung by a bee, what can you use to remove the...”
Why book a flight to a touristy beach resort when you can try one of these off-the-beaten-path weekend escapes?
All Ellen DeGeneres fans (so that’s everyone, right?) need to get excited,...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An international team of scientists has deciphered the genetic code of the tset...
Saturday Night Live's Cecily Strong is all fun and games, but her NYC apart...
from POPSUGAR Home
Beginning this week, you'll see three new flavors of Doritos on store shelv...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Back in the 1930s, this lakeside community in the Santa Monica Mountains of Cal...