14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Chocolate Chunk Hot Cocoa Mix
Makes: 1 gift (4 cups in all)
Total time: 10 minutes
What You Need
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
What to Do
In a bowl, combine the cocoa, sugar, and chocolate. Store in an airtight container. Keep at room temperature for up to 4 months.
How to Package Your Gift
- Transfer the cocoa mix to a resealable airtight container. Try a 25-ounce French Terrine glass jar available at containerstore.com ($9).
- Handwrite or download the following instructions on a gift tag or label to include with your gift: “In a small saucepan, whisk ¼ cup cocoa mix with ¾ cup milk. Bring to a bare simmer. Serves 1.”
- Tie a ribbon around the container, looping it through a measuring scoop and the gift tag with the instructions.
For a printable PDF with the instructions, suitable for including with your gift, go to Homemade How-tos (scroll to the third page).
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.