14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Chocolate Chunk Hot Cocoa Mix
Makes: 1 gift (4 cups in all)
Total time: 10 minutes
What You Need
- 2 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- 8 ounces chopped semisweet chocolate
What to Do
In a bowl, combine the cocoa, sugar, and chocolate. Store in an airtight container. Keep at room temperature for up to 4 months.
How to Package Your Gift
- Transfer the cocoa mix to a resealable airtight container. Try a 25-ounce French Terrine glass jar available at containerstore.com ($9).
- Handwrite or download the following instructions on a gift tag or label to include with your gift: “In a small saucepan, whisk ¼ cup cocoa mix with ¾ cup milk. Bring to a bare simmer. Serves 1.”
- Tie a ribbon around the container, looping it through a measuring scoop and the gift tag with the instructions.
For a printable PDF with the instructions, suitable for including with your gift, go to Homemade How-tos (scroll to the third page).
Most Popular Galleries
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.