14 Simple, Beautiful Homemade Holiday Gifts
Whip up these gifts as easily as that cotton-ball snowman you made 30 years ago.
Coconut-Pecan Muffin Mix
Makes: 1 gift (4½ cups in all)
Total time: 5 minutes
What You Need
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 7-ounce package sweetened shredded coconut (2 2/3 cups)
- ¾ cup pecans (chopped)
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugars, and salt. Mix in the coconut and pecans. Keep at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Handwrite or download the following instructions on a gift tag or label to include with your gift: “Heat oven to 350º F. In a large bowl, whisk together 3 large eggs and ¾ cup canola oil. Add the muffin mix and stir just until combined. Divide among the cups of a 12-cup muffin tin lined with paper liners. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 12 muffins.”
How to Package Your Gift
Transfer the mix to a resealable paper bag. Try the Tin-Tie Bag from myownlabels.com (from $4 for 12). Wrap with ribbon and affix with a label and a gift tag with the baking instructions.
For a printable PDF with the instructions, suitable for including with your gift, go to Homemade How-tos.
Most Popular Galleries
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.