The Party at a Glance
How It Works
Guests sample delicious cheeses while they mingle. Yup, it’s that simple.
Whom to invite: About 12 of your favorite food lovers. Even die-hard Velveeta fans will enjoy a party like this.
Invitations or e-mail? Try a hybrid: Real Simple’s customizable (and free) Evites, available at realsimple.com/evite.
What to serve: Don’t let the cheese stand alone. Pair it with delicious accompaniments and wines.
Your Game Plan
A few days before the party…
- Buy the cheese. Skip the supermarket and go to a specialty store for the tastiest selection. Or shop online at artisanalcheese.com or murrayscheese.com; allow 2 business days for delivery.
- Make cheese labels and tasting cards. Then guests can know―and keep track of―what they’re sampling.
1 to 2 hours before the party…
- Take the cheese out of the refrigerator. It has the fullest flavor at room temperature.
- Prepare the bar. Chill the white wine and set out glasses.
- Open two reds and two whites to make it easy to get the party started.
- Set out the food. Space out a few cheese boards around the room so guests don’t clump in one spot.