3 Picnic Menus
For a Concert in the Park: Pack a Lot
Create your very own splendor in the grass by setting up a lavish spread that includes all the comforts of home.
- Goat Cheese Spread and crackers
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- Pasta Salad With Asparagus and Lemon
- Oatmeal-Raspberry Bars
- White wine*
- Avoid a soggy sitting area. Layer a waterproof pad underneath a pretty quilt or comforter. (Picnic at Ascot mat, $34, cooking.com for similar styles.)
- Encourage lounging. Set out weather-resistant pillows. (Beachcomber outdoor pillows, $24 each, westelm.com for similar styles.)
- Create a buffet. Why place the spread on the ground when setting up this knee-high table takes mere seconds? Bonus: The 30-inch wooden top rolls up into its own bag. (Table, $40, crateandbarrel.com.)
- Sip in style. Pack these shatterproof glasses with removable stems. (GSI Outdoors stemware, $7 each, 800-704-4474 for locations.)
- Put your meal on wheels. At evening’s end, cart everything away in this rolling trolley that will fold compactly at home. (Reisenthel trolley, $25, touchofeurope.net.)
*Try the 2007 Clean Slate Riesling ($11).
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
So where did longtime lovebirds Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt wed, exactly? No ve...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Removing both breasts to treat cancer affecting only one side doesn't boost sur...
Saying au revoir to August means that the Fall season is right around the corner...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ok, here's the deal, we all have that one vegan friend who doesn't do ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
If you’ve been trying to choose the right shelves to go with your fireplace, yo...