3 Picnic Menus
For a Concert in the Park: Pack a Lot
Create your very own splendor in the grass by setting up a lavish spread that includes all the comforts of home.
- Goat Cheese Spread and crackers
- Sweet and Spicy Chicken
- Pasta Salad With Asparagus and Lemon
- Oatmeal-Raspberry Bars
- White wine*
- Avoid a soggy sitting area. Layer a waterproof pad underneath a pretty quilt or comforter. (Picnic at Ascot mat, $34, cooking.com for similar styles.)
- Encourage lounging. Set out weather-resistant pillows. (Beachcomber outdoor pillows, $24 each, westelm.com for similar styles.)
- Create a buffet. Why place the spread on the ground when setting up this knee-high table takes mere seconds? Bonus: The 30-inch wooden top rolls up into its own bag. (Table, $40, crateandbarrel.com.)
- Sip in style. Pack these shatterproof glasses with removable stems. (GSI Outdoors stemware, $7 each, 800-704-4474 for locations.)
- Put your meal on wheels. At evening’s end, cart everything away in this rolling trolley that will fold compactly at home. (Reisenthel trolley, $25, touchofeurope.net.)
*Try the 2007 Clean Slate Riesling ($11).
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
There’s nothing like a summer romance, right? Sofia Vergara and Joe Mangan...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Some cut themselves. Others slam their heads against walls or desks -- so hard ...
Once upon a time, you were faced with decorating your walls. Maybe you decided t...
from POPSUGAR Home
Here's the real reason your craft brew costs so much more than a six-pack o...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Pegboard is already a familiar sight on garage and craft room walls for organiz...