3 Picnic Menus
Delicious recipes and quick tips for your next movable feast.
For a Hike: Pack a Little
Since you’ll be on the move, lighten your knapsack’s load with handheld food that doesn’t need an ice pack.
- Prosciutto and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwiches
- Frozen grapes
- Licorice twists
- Store water in a collapsible bottle. This container is 80 percent lighter than a hard-plastic one. Freeze it first so it will keep cool. (Platypus one-liter bottle, $9, llbean.com.)
- Use sleek food storage. Go with a plastic bowl that flattens accordion-style when empty, leaving less backpack bulk. (Four-cup containers, $17 for two, tupperware.com.)
- Pack crushable snacks in a Ziploc bag. Fill it with chips, then slip a straw into the top of the nearly closed bag and inflate. Remove the straw and seal to create a cushion.
- Wrap your sandwich in a double-duty sleeve. This reusable liner multitasks as a cheery gingham place mat. (Wrap-N-Mat Wrap, $10, wrap-n-mat.com.)
- Clean up responsibly. Clip this tiny gadget onto your bag so the only trail you leave is footprints. (Sunshine Kids 12-bag dispenser, $4 for three, bedbathandbeyond.com.)
- If you plan to wander off the beaten path in search of the perfect lunch spot, pack some colored chalk so you can tag trees or rocks along the way and find your way back. (A compass is a good idea, too.)
Most Popular Galleries
“Follow this general rule of thumb to ensure you have enough wine to serve (without overbuying) at your next event....”
Emerald may have been the color of choice in 2013, but other gem-inspired jewel ...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, I read about a little boy in New York who asked Santa Claus to give him ...
Happy chic isn't just Jonathan Adler's design mantra. After peeking at...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
We made the call, and you answered. Thank you so much to everyone who responded...