3 Picnic Menus
Delicious recipes and quick tips for your next movable feast.
For a Hike: Pack a Little
Since you’ll be on the move, lighten your knapsack’s load with handheld food that doesn’t need an ice pack.
- Prosciutto and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwiches
- Frozen grapes
- Licorice twists
- Store water in a collapsible bottle. This container is 80 percent lighter than a hard-plastic one. Freeze it first so it will keep cool. (Platypus one-liter bottle, $9, llbean.com.)
- Use sleek food storage. Go with a plastic bowl that flattens accordion-style when empty, leaving less backpack bulk. (Four-cup containers, $17 for two, tupperware.com.)
- Pack crushable snacks in a Ziploc bag. Fill it with chips, then slip a straw into the top of the nearly closed bag and inflate. Remove the straw and seal to create a cushion.
- Wrap your sandwich in a double-duty sleeve. This reusable liner multitasks as a cheery gingham place mat. (Wrap-N-Mat Wrap, $10, wrap-n-mat.com.)
- Clean up responsibly. Clip this tiny gadget onto your bag so the only trail you leave is footprints. (Sunshine Kids 12-bag dispenser, $4 for three, bedbathandbeyond.com.)
- If you plan to wander off the beaten path in search of the perfect lunch spot, pack some colored chalk so you can tag trees or rocks along the way and find your way back. (A compass is a good idea, too.)
Most Popular Galleries
“Have you ever found yourself poolside with a beverage, but no bottle opener? With the new Ooh La La Bottle Cap Cuff by Three Jane on your arm, you can skip the hassle of walking back to the house....”
Far from boring, this go-to neutral can take any room to new stylish heights.
[sponsored post] The house my fiance and I bought together last year isn’t...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Energy drinks have been getting a lot of press these days – and with thei...
How to throw a guest-friendly wedding bash - Love & Sex Check out these ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Ah, IKEA. It's such a horrible magical place. On the plus side, it's a source th...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
This controversial material is often associated with the hippies of the '60s, b...