3 Picnic Menus
Delicious recipes and quick tips for your next movable feast.
For a Hike: Pack a Little
Since you’ll be on the move, lighten your knapsack’s load with handheld food that doesn’t need an ice pack.
- Prosciutto and Roasted Red Pepper Sandwiches
- Frozen grapes
- Licorice twists
- Store water in a collapsible bottle. This container is 80 percent lighter than a hard-plastic one. Freeze it first so it will keep cool. (Platypus one-liter bottle, $9, llbean.com.)
- Use sleek food storage. Go with a plastic bowl that flattens accordion-style when empty, leaving less backpack bulk. (Four-cup containers, $17 for two, tupperware.com.)
- Pack crushable snacks in a Ziploc bag. Fill it with chips, then slip a straw into the top of the nearly closed bag and inflate. Remove the straw and seal to create a cushion.
- Wrap your sandwich in a double-duty sleeve. This reusable liner multitasks as a cheery gingham place mat. (Wrap-N-Mat Wrap, $10, wrap-n-mat.com.)
- Clean up responsibly. Clip this tiny gadget onto your bag so the only trail you leave is footprints. (Sunshine Kids 12-bag dispenser, $4 for three, bedbathandbeyond.com.)
- If you plan to wander off the beaten path in search of the perfect lunch spot, pack some colored chalk so you can tag trees or rocks along the way and find your way back. (A compass is a good idea, too.)
Most Popular Galleries
“Meredith Perez, founder and creative director of Belle Fleur, explains how to create a lush flower arrangement....”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A Brooklyn tattoo artist sparked controversy this week after posting a picture ...
If you caught a case of office envy after touring Ruby Press' Berkeley Digs...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Earth tones are rich, warm colors, comfortable to be around. Equally suited t...