How to Host a Swap Party
Where to Send Leftover Goods
After the party, make sure the remains of the day go to a good home.
To donate clothing and housewares:
- Goodwill: Most Goodwill branches will pick up furniture or large bags of clothing. Contact your local Goodwill to find out whether pickup service is available in your area (800-664-577), or go to goodwill.org.
- The Salvation Army: Call 800-728-7825 or go to satruck.org to find a local branch or to see if there is pickup service in your area.
- Dress for Success: This organization accepts women’s interview-appropriate attire. Drop off items at one of its locations (in 46 states), or mail donations. To find a location near you, go to dressforsuccess.org.
To donate children’s items:
- Newborns in Need: Donate gently used items, such as small toys, rattles, blankets, and clothing. Go to newbornsinneed.org for locations.
- Project Night Night: Send “like new” blankets, books, and stuffed animals to children living in homeless shelters. Go to projectnightnight.org for details.
To donate books, CDs, or DVDs:
- Books for Soldiers: Ship a care package of books, CDs, and DVDs to a soldier. Sign up at booksforsoldiers.com.
- Reader to Reader: Stock needy school libraries with books. Go to readertoreader.org for details.
To swap items online:
- For clothing and accessories: rehashclothes.com, swapstyle.com.
- For children’s items: handmedowns.com, thebabychain.com.
- For books, DVDS, CDs, and video games: bookins.com, chancexchange.com, goozex.com, swaptree.com.
- For anything and everything: freecycle.org, neighborrow.com, titletrader.com.
Next: You Might Also Like…
“Before you get busy packing the basket, take a second to find out if you’re smarter than the average bear. (Answers below the photo!) 1. If you’ve been stung by a bee, what can you use to remove the...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
They grunt, claw, and feel their body is covered with hair and their nails are e...
When you think of what you know about celebrities - their style, their personali...
from POPSUGAR Home
NEW YORK (AP) — Chobani plans to expand beyond its Greek yogurt cups this summer...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
After a short stint in Los Angeles, Brad and Flavia Naves were drawn to the fam...