How to Host a Swap Party
Where to Send Leftover Goods
After the party, make sure the remains of the day go to a good home.
To donate clothing and housewares:
- Goodwill: Most Goodwill branches will pick up furniture or large bags of clothing. Contact your local Goodwill to find out whether pickup service is available in your area (800-664-577), or go to goodwill.org.
- The Salvation Army: Call 800-728-7825 or go to satruck.org to find a local branch or to see if there is pickup service in your area.
- Dress for Success: This organization accepts women’s interview-appropriate attire. Drop off items at one of its locations (in 46 states), or mail donations. To find a location near you, go to dressforsuccess.org.
To donate children’s items:
- Newborns in Need: Donate gently used items, such as small toys, rattles, blankets, and clothing. Go to newbornsinneed.org for locations.
- Project Night Night: Send “like new” blankets, books, and stuffed animals to children living in homeless shelters. Go to projectnightnight.org for details.
To donate books, CDs, or DVDs:
- Books for Soldiers: Ship a care package of books, CDs, and DVDs to a soldier. Sign up at booksforsoldiers.com.
- Reader to Reader: Stock needy school libraries with books. Go to readertoreader.org for details.
Next: You Might Also Like…
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
Our collection of time-tested favorite cookies will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Your hunger is a mystery. Some days you eat what's on your plate and move on, w...
Leaving bright hues behind, Fall is the time to cozy up your bedding with heavy ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Sizzle, sizzle! No one can resist the titillating taste of bacon. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This week on Houzz, many of the stories reminded me to open up my mind. I opene...