How to Host a Swap Party
Where to Send Leftover Goods
After the party, make sure the remains of the day go to a good home.
To donate clothing and housewares:
- Goodwill: Most Goodwill branches will pick up furniture or large bags of clothing. Contact your local Goodwill to find out whether pickup service is available in your area (800-664-577), or go to goodwill.org.
- The Salvation Army: Call 800-728-7825 or go to satruck.org to find a local branch or to see if there is pickup service in your area.
- Dress for Success: This organization accepts women’s interview-appropriate attire. Drop off items at one of its locations (in 46 states), or mail donations. To find a location near you, go to dressforsuccess.org.
To donate children’s items:
- Newborns in Need: Donate gently used items, such as small toys, rattles, blankets, and clothing. Go to newbornsinneed.org for locations.
- Project Night Night: Send “like new” blankets, books, and stuffed animals to children living in homeless shelters. Go to projectnightnight.org for details.
To donate books, CDs, or DVDs:
- Books for Soldiers: Ship a care package of books, CDs, and DVDs to a soldier. Sign up at booksforsoldiers.com.
- Reader to Reader: Stock needy school libraries with books. Go to readertoreader.org for details.
Next: You Might Also Like…
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
Say what you want about The Bachelorette star Andi Dorfman, but she got what she...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Not a natural blonde or brunette? You might want to be more cautious about colo...
Jennifer Serafini is the kind of go-getter we adore. At 27, Jennifer has already...
from POPSUGAR Home
It's all in the bread. Read more: Tomato , Tomato Recipes ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This week on Houzz, we looked up — to specially treated ceilings and mezzanines...