How to Host a Swap Party
Where to Send Leftover Goods
After the party, make sure the remains of the day go to a good home.
To donate clothing and housewares:
- Goodwill: Most Goodwill branches will pick up furniture or large bags of clothing. Contact your local Goodwill to find out whether pickup service is available in your area (800-664-577), or go to goodwill.org.
- The Salvation Army: Call 800-728-7825 or go to satruck.org to find a local branch or to see if there is pickup service in your area.
- Dress for Success: This organization accepts women’s interview-appropriate attire. Drop off items at one of its locations (in 46 states), or mail donations. To find a location near you, go to dressforsuccess.org.
To donate children’s items:
- Newborns in Need: Donate gently used items, such as small toys, rattles, blankets, and clothing. Go to newbornsinneed.org for locations.
- Project Night Night: Send “like new” blankets, books, and stuffed animals to children living in homeless shelters. Go to projectnightnight.org for details.
To donate books, CDs, or DVDs:
- Books for Soldiers: Ship a care package of books, CDs, and DVDs to a soldier. Sign up at booksforsoldiers.com.
- Reader to Reader: Stock needy school libraries with books. Go to readertoreader.org for details.
To swap items online:
- For clothing and accessories: rehashclothes.com, swapstyle.com.
- For children’s items: handmedowns.com, thebabychain.com.
- For books, DVDS, CDs, and video games: bookins.com, chancexchange.com, goozex.com, swaptree.com.
- For anything and everything: freecycle.org, neighborrow.com, titletrader.com.
Next: You Might Also Like…
Most Popular Galleries
“If these three cookbooks don’t fit anyone on your list, try these new options for holiday gift-giving: For the Baker Payard Desserts, Francois Payard with Tish Boyle World-famous pastry chef Francois...”
PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid! Pantone revealed their 2014 color of the year ye...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Researchers are saying a pair of HIV-positive men from Boston, thought to have ...
Chronic tailgaters and party throwers will attest to the convenience of a good f...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
The holiday season is upon us, and cold weather is setting in across the countr...