How to Host a Cookie-Decorating Party
What You'll NeedHere's everything you need for the party:
- Bakery boxes: Buy them from a local bakery, or order from New York Cake Supplies (from $1.30 each, 800-942-2539).
- Butcher paper: Available at craft stores.
- Cookie cutters: To find both traditional and unique shapes, go to Cincinnati Cake & Candy Supplies, cincicakeandcandy.com; coppergifts.com; and H.O. Foose Tinsmithing Co., foosecookiecutters.com. Most cutters sell for less than $2, except those made of copper, which cost about $13 each.
- Cookies: At least three dozen medium-size gingerbread or sugar cookies (see Make the Cookies, or buy them at a bakery).
- Decorations: Stock up on confectioners' sugar and such favorites as chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, gumdrops, licorice laces, and M&M's.
Order colored sanding sugars, specialty sprinkles, and unusual candies from economycandy.com, fancyflours.com, and indiatree.com.
- Flavored milk
- Icing: Wilton makes ready-to-use Cookie Icing ($4.50) and Icing Writer ($2.50) in convenient squeeze bottles, as well as Color Mist
food-color spray ($3). All are available at wilton.com/store.
- Wax paper
Next: You Might Also Like ...
“Before you get busy packing the basket, take a second to find out if you’re smarter than the average bear. (Answers below the photo!) 1. If you’ve been stung by a bee, what can you use to remove the...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
The events in Gone Girl aren’t exactly how you’d want your fifth wed...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
They grunt, claw, and feel their body is covered with hair and their nails are e...
Easter is finally here, but it's not the only thing to celebrate! From new ...
from POPSUGAR Home
NEW YORK (AP) — Chobani plans to expand beyond its Greek yogurt cups this summer...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Once youve set up your business structure, built your brand and started... ...