How to Host a Cookie-Decorating Party
What You'll NeedHere's everything you need for the party:
- Bakery boxes: Buy them from a local bakery, or order from New York Cake Supplies (from $1.30 each, 800-942-2539).
- Butcher paper: Available at craft stores.
- Cookie cutters: To find both traditional and unique shapes, go to Cincinnati Cake & Candy Supplies, cincicakeandcandy.com; coppergifts.com; and H.O. Foose Tinsmithing Co., foosecookiecutters.com. Most cutters sell for less than $2, except those made of copper, which cost about $13 each.
- Cookies: At least three dozen medium-size gingerbread or sugar cookies (see Make the Cookies, or buy them at a bakery).
- Decorations: Stock up on confectioners' sugar and such favorites as chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, gumdrops, licorice laces, and M&M's.
Order colored sanding sugars, specialty sprinkles, and unusual candies from economycandy.com, fancyflours.com, and indiatree.com.
- Flavored milk
- Icing: Wilton makes ready-to-use Cookie Icing ($4.50) and Icing Writer ($2.50) in convenient squeeze bottles, as well as Color Mist
food-color spray ($3). All are available at wilton.com/store.
- Wax paper
Next: You Might Also Like ...
Most Popular Galleries
“I don’t normally like to feature items that aren’t available immediately, but I love this new picnic tote from Built NY too much to wait. It looks just like a regular tote, doesn’t it? But…it unfolds...”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Government health officials are investigating several health problems reported ...
Flowers photographed as you have never seen them before - Gardenista Kate Midd...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
After years in the doldrums, the U.S. housing market is finally showing signs of...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
The kitchen is the one room in the house that begs for some retro style. Polka ...