Cooking With Friends
The ProvisionsEverything you need to get your party simmering.
- Tomatoes: Ask guests to bring the main ingredient. For a party of six, figure on each person contributing 5 pounds of tomatoes toward a big batch of sauce. The host provides the other ingredients.
- Signs: Mark workstations with note cards set in place-card holders. Binder clips turned upside down also work.
- Snacks: Rev up the troops with a “Take a Break” area, complete with a spread of Italian cheeses (try Gorgonzola, Robiola, and bocconcini), prosciutto, olives, fruit, honey, bread sticks, and crackers.
- Kitchen essentials: Multiple helpers require multiple tools. You’ll need 3 cutting boards, 2 paring knives (for coring and peeling), and 2 chef’s knives (for chopping), as well as 3 large pots (for blanching the tomatoes and cooking the sauce).
- Aprons: Outfit your guests in aprons ($8 each, apronstore.com), or have them bring their own from home.
Next: Chow, Bella
Most Popular Galleries
“If you're planning on firing up the barbecue this Memorial Day weekend (come on weather, improve already!), you may be gearing up for a trip to the hardware store to buy some charcoal for the grill....”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Money can buy happiness—if you spend wisely. We asked experts to explain ...
Get the look of Drew Barrymore's beautiful home Gallery-worthy vases from E...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Follow these tips to make sure your bar is stocked and the drinks keep flowing a...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Paddle plant offers high impact even for a succulent. There are more than 125 s...