set a dreamy outdoor scene
- Summer dinners outdoors become Midsummer Night’s Dream–y with a little help from strings of hanging lanterns.
- Votive candles in jelly jars are all you need to set the mood at the table.
- Create cozy seating areas with indoor and outdoor furniture. Encourage guests to roam―and make space around the table―by setting up a separate drink-and-dessert station.
- Covering the table with an easy-to-assemble pop-up canopy provides protection from a sudden shower and lets you extend the party beyond the edges of the patio.
- Arm the kids with nets and jars for catching fireflies.