Easy Backyard Entertaining
Get Creative With Your Table SettingWorried your dinner table will look like a four-year-old's birthday party if you use paper plates and plastic utensils? These no-fuss decorating ideas will help keep your table charming―and charmingly disposable.
- For a centerpiece, elevate the simple to the sophisticated―literally―by placing fruit and just-picked blossoms on shoe or small gift boxes that have been covered in white gift wrapping.
- Cut yellow wrapping paper with pinking shears to craft a runner. (Use double-stick tape to secure the runner to the tablecloth.)
- A plum will weigh down a place setting on a breezy night. And forget place cards: Use a marker to write each guest's name directly on the paper tablecloth.
- White-dot stickers from an office-supply store add a playful touch to the yellow table runner.
- Cupcake foils make elegant disposable votives.
- Tie down the tablecloth and runner with twine so they don't blow in the wind.
Most Popular Galleries
“In our house, the cocktail is king. Like many, we started stocking our bar when the cocktail revolution hit a decade ago. Couple that with watching Don Draper and Peggy Olsen imbibe on Mad Men for...”
If you loved the following eight celebrity couples’ weddings, you’ll...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Sierra Leone voted to pass a new amendment to its health act, imposing possible...
If you've added walk-in closets, home offices, and eat-in kitchens to your ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Mike Francesa, a radio host on New York City's WFAN, is never short on opi...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
When September comes into view, I have to admit I get a bit excited — OK, a lo...