Easy Backyard Entertaining
Get Creative With Your Table SettingWorried your dinner table will look like a four-year-old's birthday party if you use paper plates and plastic utensils? These no-fuss decorating ideas will help keep your table charming―and charmingly disposable.
- For a centerpiece, elevate the simple to the sophisticated―literally―by placing fruit and just-picked blossoms on shoe or small gift boxes that have been covered in white gift wrapping.
- Cut yellow wrapping paper with pinking shears to craft a runner. (Use double-stick tape to secure the runner to the tablecloth.)
- A plum will weigh down a place setting on a breezy night. And forget place cards: Use a marker to write each guest's name directly on the paper tablecloth.
- White-dot stickers from an office-supply store add a playful touch to the yellow table runner.
- Cupcake foils make elegant disposable votives.
- Tie down the tablecloth and runner with twine so they don't blow in the wind.
Most Popular Galleries
“I don’t normally like to feature items that aren’t available immediately, but I love this new picnic tote from Built NY too much to wait. It looks just like a regular tote, doesn’t it? But…it unfolds...”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Government health officials are investigating several health problems reported ...
Got a girl grad in your life? We know what to get her! Go for something that wil...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
No one can deny the allure of Paris in the spring. We've identified a wonderful ...
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Living rooms get a lot of attention, but a dining room that suits your style an...