Hitting Your Numbers
To get or stay in healthy ranges, aim for the following:
- Get 150 to 240 minutes of aerobic exercise a week. Include some weight-bearing exercise (walking, jogging) on most days.
- Do strength training (weights, resistance bands) two to three times a week.
- Consume five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Eat a serving of fatty fish twice a week, or take a fish-oil supplement (three grams or less) daily.
- Get at least 75 milligrams of vitamin C (about six ounces of orange juice) daily.
- Consume 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams of calcium and at least 1,000 IU (international units) of vitamin D a day.
- Limit your alcohol intake to one drink per day maximum.
- Don’t smoke.
- Get seven to eight hours of sleep a night.