Numbers to Live By
Hitting Your Numbers
To get or stay in healthy ranges, aim for the following:
- Get 150 to 240 minutes of aerobic exercise a week. Include some weight-bearing exercise (walking, jogging) on most days.
- Do strength training (weights, resistance bands) two to three times a week.
- Consume five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Eat a serving of fatty fish twice a week, or take a fish-oil supplement (three grams or less) daily.
- Get at least 75 milligrams of vitamin C (about six ounces of orange juice) daily.
- Consume 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams of calcium and at least 1,000 IU (international units) of vitamin D a day.
- Limit your alcohol intake to one drink per day maximum.
- Don’t smoke.
- Get seven to eight hours of sleep a night.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“The scene: home office in my house The characters: me, my husband Time: last night, 9:45 p.m. Husband is lying on floor of home office, “stretching his back,” which I think is 80% watching TV and 20%...”
Personal trainer extraordinaire and former The Biggest Loser star Jillian Michae...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
The dwindling numbers of Indian girls, caused by the illegal abortion of millio...
You may be strapped for cash, but that doesn't mean your home has to be str...
from POPSUGAR Home
Apple cider vinegar + fresh ginger = awesomeness. Read more: Far...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
“We weren’t looking for a project,” says Londoner Nic Farhi, remembering first ...