Numbers to Live By
Hitting Your Numbers
To get or stay in healthy ranges, aim for the following:
- Get 150 to 240 minutes of aerobic exercise a week. Include some weight-bearing exercise (walking, jogging) on most days.
- Do strength training (weights, resistance bands) two to three times a week.
- Consume five to nine servings of fruits and vegetables a day.
- Eat a serving of fatty fish twice a week, or take a fish-oil supplement (three grams or less) daily.
- Get at least 75 milligrams of vitamin C (about six ounces of orange juice) daily.
- Consume 1,000 to 1,200 milligrams of calcium and at least 1,000 IU (international units) of vitamin D a day.
- Limit your alcohol intake to one drink per day maximum.
- Don’t smoke.
- Get seven to eight hours of sleep a night.
Next: You Might Also Like...
Most Popular Galleries
“Here’s a fun fact: People with quick strides are more likely to be viewed as busy and productive than those with a more mellow walk… which, if you live or work in a crowded city, can definitely come...”
It may still be colder than a winter’s bone outside, but that doesn’t mean we’re...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
You already know snack foods like chips, crackers, and pretzels pack a lot of s...
It's hard during Fashion Weeks galore not to look to designers, models, and...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Xeriscape is a landscape philosophy not a design style that can help you crea...