11 Fun Things to Do on a Rainy Day
Hold a Mini-Marshmallow Popping Contest
What You Need
- utility knife
- rubber bands
- tape (transparent, duct, masking, or colored)
- gift wrap or decorative paper
- kraft paper
- balloon, uninflated (1 per popper)
- paper cup, bottom cut off (1 per popper)
- mini marshmallows
What to Do
- Knot the end of the balloon, then snip off ½ inch from the top.
- Stretch the balloon over the cutoff end of the cup so that the knot is in the center. (You’ll need to hold the balloon in place when you “pop,” or secure it with a rubber band for little hands.)
- Place a mini marshmallow into the cup so it fits snugly in the knotted center of the balloon. While aiming the cup away from you (and others), pull the knot back, release, and send the marshmallow soaring. See who can pop marshmallows the farthest or get the most into a bowl that’s a few feet away.
Next: Host a “Tea” Party
Most Popular Galleries
“I've you've ever had a splitting headache or uncomfortable heartburn while on the go, you know how pressing it can be to get quick relief. Thanks to a handy new product, you it's easy to quickly calm...”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Money can buy happiness—if you spend wisely. We asked experts to explain ...
Wedding season is in full swing here at POPSUGAR, and we have everything you nee...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Check out the pictures of the stunning mansion and you'll agree with us....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Using architectural salvage can make all the difference in retaining an older h...