11 Fun Things to Do on a Rainy Day
Hold a Mini-Marshmallow Popping Contest
What You Need
- utility knife
- rubber bands
- tape (transparent, duct, masking, or colored)
- gift wrap or decorative paper
- kraft paper
- balloon, uninflated (1 per popper)
- paper cup, bottom cut off (1 per popper)
- mini marshmallows
What to Do
- Knot the end of the balloon, then snip off ½ inch from the top.
- Stretch the balloon over the cutoff end of the cup so that the knot is in the center. (You’ll need to hold the balloon in place when you “pop,” or secure it with a rubber band for little hands.)
- Place a mini marshmallow into the cup so it fits snugly in the knotted center of the balloon. While aiming the cup away from you (and others), pull the knot back, release, and send the marshmallow soaring. See who can pop marshmallows the farthest or get the most into a bowl that’s a few feet away.
Next: Host a “Tea” Party
Most Popular Galleries
“The scene: home office in my house The characters: me, my husband Time: last night, 9:45 p.m. Husband is lying on floor of home office, “stretching his back,” which I think is 80% watching TV and 20%...”
If Robin Thicke and Paula Patton were decor elements, you’d think they wou...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, I received a question from a man who wanted to know if he could eat his ...
If there is one place to be this Summer, it's Mexico's Flora Farm. Asi...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Last we checked, ice cream is supposed to melt if it isn't kept chilled. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This week on Houzz, there was a strong theme of inventiveness, of people whose ...