11 Fun Things to Do on a Rainy Day
Hold a Mini-Marshmallow Popping Contest
What You Need
- utility knife
- rubber bands
- tape (transparent, duct, masking, or colored)
- gift wrap or decorative paper
- kraft paper
- balloon, uninflated (1 per popper)
- paper cup, bottom cut off (1 per popper)
- mini marshmallows
What to Do
- Knot the end of the balloon, then snip off ½ inch from the top.
- Stretch the balloon over the cutoff end of the cup so that the knot is in the center. (You’ll need to hold the balloon in place when you “pop,” or secure it with a rubber band for little hands.)
- Place a mini marshmallow into the cup so it fits snugly in the knotted center of the balloon. While aiming the cup away from you (and others), pull the knot back, release, and send the marshmallow soaring. See who can pop marshmallows the farthest or get the most into a bowl that’s a few feet away.
Next: Host a “Tea” Party
“The holiday season typically means travelling, dry weather, and lots of eating and drinking—all which lead to bloating and indigestion. Fortunately, you can try a quick fix that you may already have...”
When it comes to the do’s and don’ts, you’ve got lots of questions. Here, solutions for making the season merry and bright.
Want to know what recipes, rooms and other products I’m currently crushing on? C...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Exercise may prove effective at helping older people with dementia retain their...
When we caught wind that Domaine Home recruited Jessica Biel to decorate her ver...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
I spent a lot of time as a kid high up in the branches of a gigantic maple tree...