Too Tired, Too Busy, or Too Bored to Work Out?
Strength-Training Routine 2
Aim for 15 minutes twice a week.
- Transverse-abs activation: Lie flat on your back, knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Contract your abdominals and visualize pulling your navel in
toward your spine. Repeat up to 30 times.
- Pelvic bridges: Lie flat on your back, knees bent, feet flat on the floor, and abdominals engaged. Pushing down into the floor with your
feet, lift your pelvis while contracting your glutes until your body forms a straight line, like a bridge. Repeat up to 30
- Ball squats: Stand against a wall with a stability ball that fits comfortably between the small of your back and the wall. Position your
feet hip-width apart and walk them out away from the wall, as if you’re sitting down. Keep constant pressure against the ball
with your back. Lower your body until your knees are bent at a 90-degree angle. Contract your glutes as you push through your
heels and return to a standing position. Repeat 15 to 20 times.
- Ball push-ups: Lie down with your stomach on top of a medium-size stability ball and walk your hands out to a push-up position with your
lower body supported by the ball. Gently bend at the elbows, lowering your upper body toward the floor. Keep your abdominals
and glutes engaged. Push up against the floor to bring your body back to a neutral position. Repeat up to 15 times.
- Ball crunches: Lie on a stability ball large enough so your head doesn’t touch the ground, with the small of your back on the middle of
the ball, feet flat on the floor. Cross your arms over your chest and, without moving your hips or legs, engage your abs to
slowly lift your upper body off the ball. Repeat up to 15 times (or until fatigued).
- Hamstring stretches: At the end of the workout, lie on your back and lift one leg up toward the ceiling. Gently pull the leg toward you, with your arms behind your thigh until you feel a slight stretch in your hamstring. Hold for 10 seconds, then switch legs. Repeat three times.
Next: I Have a New Baby
Most Popular Galleries
“Looking for yummy low-calorie smoothie recipes? Or, a way to sneak veggies in to your little ones? Search no further. Our colleagues at CookingLight.com have compiled a list of smoothie recipes all...”
All Ellen DeGeneres fans (so that’s everyone, right?) need to get excited,...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An international team of scientists has deciphered the genetic code of the tset...
Saturday Night Live's Cecily Strong is all fun and games, but her NYC apart...
from POPSUGAR Home
Beginning this week, you'll see three new flavors of Doritos on store shelv...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Back in the 1930s, this lakeside community in the Santa Monica Mountains of Cal...