Feel Better Fast
- Stir a teaspoon of salt into a cup of warm water, then gargle with the solution to reduce swelling. Repeat every few hours.
- Sip herbal tea. Suck on cough drops, lozenges, Popsicles, or even a spoonful of honey. These won’t necessarily quicken healing, but they can soothe your throat, and honey has an antiviral effect. Or use an antiseptic spray that contains phenol (such as Chloraseptic) to numb the area.
- Hit your doctor up for antibiotics. Most sore throats are caused by viruses; antibiotics are effective only against bacterial infections, such as strep throat.
- You don’t feel better (or you feel worse) after a day or two, or you see white spots on the back of your throat (a sign of strep).
- Your sore throat recurs frequently―a possible sign of chronic post-nasal drip or reflux, a condition in which acid travels up the esophagus and causes a burning sensation.
Next: Stomach Bug
Most Popular Galleries
“The scene: home office in my house The characters: me, my husband Time: last night, 9:45 p.m. Husband is lying on floor of home office, “stretching his back,” which I think is 80% watching TV and 20%...”
If you were just thinking about how you’d like more artisanal home goods a...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A Central California company has issued a voluntary nationwide recall of specif...
Be careful or get addicted to the Kim Kardashian game - Tech These 20-something ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Stella!!! Read more: Chrissy Teigen , Recipes , Beer , Stella...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Creative families need creative spaces. For Autumn Sproles; her husband, Chri...