Feel Better Fast
- Apply a petroleum jelly (like Vaseline) to keep the sore moist and to prevent cracking.
- If you get cold sores regularly, ask your doctor about an oral antiviral prescription medication, such as Valtrex or Acyclovir. One or two doses taken as soon as you feel a cold sore coming on can reduce the duration of the sore and help prevent recurrences.
- Be patient. A cold sore usually goes away in a few days. In the meantime, relieve pain with a topical cold-sore treatment that contains benzocaine (like Nexcare Cold Sore Treatment) .
- Try to dry it out with peroxide, alcohol, or witch hazel.
- Pick at it, share drinks (even with a straw), or kiss people. Cold sores are a type of herpes, a common and contagious virus.
- Cover it with a thick layer of concealer, because removing the makeup can irritate the sore.
- The sore doesn’t go away in a week or two or the pain is severe. It could be an allergic reaction.
Next: Sore Throat
“The scene: home office in my house The characters: me, my husband Time: last night, 9:45 p.m. Husband is lying on floor of home office, “stretching his back,” which I think is 80% watching TV and 20%...”
So maybe you can’t change your health overnight. But you can get a head start.
If Robin Thicke and Paula Patton were decor elements, you’d think they wou...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A virus that lives in the human gut has just been discovered, and to the surpris...
Calling all flea market junkies - this post is for you! If you're in need o...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
We've seen the future of grilled cheese and it looks DELICIOUS. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Planning a small bedroom can be fun (honestly). With the right design tips and ...