Feel Better Fast
- Apply a petroleum jelly (like Vaseline) to keep the sore moist and to prevent cracking.
- If you get cold sores regularly, ask your doctor about an oral antiviral prescription medication, such as Valtrex or Acyclovir. One or two doses taken as soon as you feel a cold sore coming on can reduce the duration of the sore and help prevent recurrences.
- Be patient. A cold sore usually goes away in a few days. In the meantime, relieve pain with a topical cold-sore treatment that contains benzocaine (like Nexcare Cold Sore Treatment) .
- Try to dry it out with peroxide, alcohol, or witch hazel.
- Pick at it, share drinks (even with a straw), or kiss people. Cold sores are a type of herpes, a common and contagious virus.
- Cover it with a thick layer of concealer, because removing the makeup can irritate the sore.
- The sore doesn’t go away in a week or two or the pain is severe. It could be an allergic reaction.
Next: Sore Throat
Most Popular Galleries
“I've you've ever had a splitting headache or uncomfortable heartburn while on the go, you know how pressing it can be to get quick relief. Thanks to a handy new product, you it's easy to quickly calm...”
If your dark circles aren’t quite this adorable, you don’t have to grin and bear it. Try these (en)lightening strategies to minimize them.
I have a major thing for blue mason jars. I use them for everything – drinking g...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
Government health officials are investigating several health problems reported ...
Got a girl grad in your life? We know what to get her! Go for something that wil...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Check out the pictures of the stunning mansion and you'll agree with us....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
Living rooms get a lot of attention, but a dining room that suits your style an...