Feel Better Fast
Quick-healing techniques for 8 common maladies.
- Take acetaminophen (which is found in Tylenol) as directed to lower your fever temporarily until the illness makes its way through your system.
- Drink plenty of liquids. A fever can cause perspiration, and if you don’t replenish those fluids, you could become dehydrated.
- Try to work through it. Going to the gym or out for drinks with friends can further stress your body and hamper recovery.
- Cool your skin with ice packs when you overheat; ice can actually burn your skin. Use a cold washcloth instead.
- You have a fever that’s over 101 degrees Fahrenheit, you have a headache and neck pain, or your fever doesn’t break after two solid days. Most fevers are viral and go away in a day or two. But in some cases a fever could be the sign of something more serious, like a kidney infection, pneumonia, or meningitis.
Next: Sinus Pain
Most Popular Galleries
“Looking for yummy low-calorie smoothie recipes? Or, a way to sneak veggies in to your little ones? Search no further. Our colleagues at CookingLight.com have compiled a list of smoothie recipes all...”
All Ellen DeGeneres fans (so that’s everyone, right?) need to get excited,...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
An international team of scientists has deciphered the genetic code of the tset...
Saturday Night Live's Cecily Strong is all fun and games, but her NYC apart...
from POPSUGAR Home
Beginning this week, you'll see three new flavors of Doritos on store shelv...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Back in the 1930s, this lakeside community in the Santa Monica Mountains of Cal...