Feel Better Fast
Quick-healing techniques for 8 common maladies.
- Take acetaminophen (which is found in Tylenol) as directed to lower your fever temporarily until the illness makes its way through your system.
- Drink plenty of liquids. A fever can cause perspiration, and if you don’t replenish those fluids, you could become dehydrated.
- Try to work through it. Going to the gym or out for drinks with friends can further stress your body and hamper recovery.
- Cool your skin with ice packs when you overheat; ice can actually burn your skin. Use a cold washcloth instead.
- You have a fever that’s over 101 degrees Fahrenheit, you have a headache and neck pain, or your fever doesn’t break after two solid days. Most fevers are viral and go away in a day or two. But in some cases a fever could be the sign of something more serious, like a kidney infection, pneumonia, or meningitis.
Next: Sinus Pain
Most Popular Galleries
“Before you get busy packing the basket, take a second to find out if you’re smarter than the average bear. (Answers below the photo!) 1. If you’ve been stung by a bee, what can you use to remove the...”
A thing of beauty should be a joy forever—or at least until five o’clock. Here’s how to stretch the life of your makeup, hair, manicure, perfume—and more.
If you want your obsession for ombre manicures, mustache mugs and chevron pillow...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
A woman has given birth to a more than 13-pound baby at a southeastern Pennsylv...
In the heart of Soho sits a classic, New York apartment with a California soul. ...
from POPSUGAR Home
This week's worst-dressed list was filled with moments we'd like to fo...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
On Easter Sunday candy-colored baskets will be out in full force. But as anyone...