Feel Better Fast
Quick-healing techniques for 8 common maladies.
- Take acetaminophen (which is found in Tylenol) as directed to lower your fever temporarily until the illness makes its way through your system.
- Drink plenty of liquids. A fever can cause perspiration, and if you don’t replenish those fluids, you could become dehydrated.
- Try to work through it. Going to the gym or out for drinks with friends can further stress your body and hamper recovery.
- Cool your skin with ice packs when you overheat; ice can actually burn your skin. Use a cold washcloth instead.
- You have a fever that’s over 101 degrees Fahrenheit, you have a headache and neck pain, or your fever doesn’t break after two solid days. Most fevers are viral and go away in a day or two. But in some cases a fever could be the sign of something more serious, like a kidney infection, pneumonia, or meningitis.
Next: Sinus Pain
Most Popular Galleries
“The holiday season typically means travelling, dry weather, and lots of eating and drinking—all which lead to bloating and indigestion. Fortunately, you can try a quick fix that you may already have...”
You don’t need an army of elves—or a sleigh full of money—to make these tasty offerings. Find recipes and ideas for tasty gifts you can whip up from the comfort of your kitchen.
Horn accents are no longer just for the ranch or cabin! This natural material is...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Merck is issuing a voluntary recall of one lot of Gardasil vaccines due to the ...
If you're planning a holiday dinner, avoid feeling overwhelmed by focusing ...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
Do decorating terms like Shabby Chic, farmhouse, cottage, Western and bohemian...