Feel Better Fast
Quick-healing techniques for 8 common maladies.
- Take acetaminophen (which is found in Tylenol) as directed to lower your fever temporarily until the illness makes its way through your system.
- Drink plenty of liquids. A fever can cause perspiration, and if you don’t replenish those fluids, you could become dehydrated.
- Try to work through it. Going to the gym or out for drinks with friends can further stress your body and hamper recovery.
- Cool your skin with ice packs when you overheat; ice can actually burn your skin. Use a cold washcloth instead.
- You have a fever that’s over 101 degrees Fahrenheit, you have a headache and neck pain, or your fever doesn’t break after two solid days. Most fevers are viral and go away in a day or two. But in some cases a fever could be the sign of something more serious, like a kidney infection, pneumonia, or meningitis.
Next: Sinus Pain
Most Popular Galleries
“I spend a lot of time in my work-out attire, even on non-working out days. My yoga pants are almost never put away because they are either being washed or being worn. This should be a major indicator...”
For years and years my husband and I lived in an apartment that was fairly avera...
from The Nest Blog - Home Décor, Cooking, Money, Health & Sex News & Advice » house & home
When you start dating a new woman, everyone becomes a critic: She's great, she'...
As if you needed another reason to hit the pool or beach this season, we're...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ottolenghi is a lucky man. Read more: Tastemakers , Ottolenghi ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
Feel free to repin....
from Home on Huffingtonpost
In 1908 in Haarlem, the Netherlands (yes, New York City's Harlem neighborhood w...