Feel Better Fast
Quick-healing techniques for 8 common maladies.
- Take acetaminophen (which is found in Tylenol) as directed to lower your fever temporarily until the illness makes its way through your system.
- Drink plenty of liquids. A fever can cause perspiration, and if you don’t replenish those fluids, you could become dehydrated.
- Try to work through it. Going to the gym or out for drinks with friends can further stress your body and hamper recovery.
- Cool your skin with ice packs when you overheat; ice can actually burn your skin. Use a cold washcloth instead.
- You have a fever that’s over 101 degrees Fahrenheit, you have a headache and neck pain, or your fever doesn’t break after two solid days. Most fevers are viral and go away in a day or two. But in some cases a fever could be the sign of something more serious, like a kidney infection, pneumonia, or meningitis.
Next: Sinus Pain
Most Popular Galleries
“Our friends at POPSUGAR say it best: “Instead of spending lunch glued to your computer, take advantage of some much-deserved ‘me time’ with these 15 tips to make every day a little bit healthier (and...”
Our collection of time-tested favorite cookies will satisfy anyone’s sweet tooth.
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Comedian Joan Rivers was admitted to Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City Thur...
Don't relegate your scarf collection to a drawer in your dresser! When they...
from POPSUGAR Home
Crunchy or smooth, what's it going to be? Read more: Peanut...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
If you have ever had a bad experience as a weekend guest, you know just how awf...