Feel Better Fast
Quick-healing techniques for 8 common maladies.
- Take acetaminophen (which is found in Tylenol) as directed to lower your fever temporarily until the illness makes its way through your system.
- Drink plenty of liquids. A fever can cause perspiration, and if you don’t replenish those fluids, you could become dehydrated.
- Try to work through it. Going to the gym or out for drinks with friends can further stress your body and hamper recovery.
- Cool your skin with ice packs when you overheat; ice can actually burn your skin. Use a cold washcloth instead.
- You have a fever that’s over 101 degrees Fahrenheit, you have a headache and neck pain, or your fever doesn’t break after two solid days. Most fevers are viral and go away in a day or two. But in some cases a fever could be the sign of something more serious, like a kidney infection, pneumonia, or meningitis.
Next: Sinus Pain
Most Popular Galleries
“Our friends at POPSUGAR say it best: “Instead of spending lunch glued to your computer, take advantage of some much-deserved ‘me time’ with these 15 tips to make every day a little bit healthier (and...”
A-listers were dressed to the nines at the 2014 Emmy Awards last night, but thes...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Just back from a week in the Ebola hot zone, Centers for Disease Control and Pr...
Does this sound familiar? You loved playing Polly Pocket as a kid, but you never...
from POPSUGAR Home
Ok, here's the deal, we all have that one vegan friend who doesn't do ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
My bedroom is on the second floor at the end of a long hallway, and because of ...