Feel Better Fast
Quick-healing techniques for 8 common maladies.
- Take acetaminophen (which is found in Tylenol) as directed to lower your fever temporarily until the illness makes its way through your system.
- Drink plenty of liquids. A fever can cause perspiration, and if you don’t replenish those fluids, you could become dehydrated.
- Try to work through it. Going to the gym or out for drinks with friends can further stress your body and hamper recovery.
- Cool your skin with ice packs when you overheat; ice can actually burn your skin. Use a cold washcloth instead.
- You have a fever that’s over 101 degrees Fahrenheit, you have a headache and neck pain, or your fever doesn’t break after two solid days. Most fevers are viral and go away in a day or two. But in some cases a fever could be the sign of something more serious, like a kidney infection, pneumonia, or meningitis.
Next: Sinus Pain
Most Popular Galleries
“The scene: home office in my house The characters: me, my husband Time: last night, 9:45 p.m. Husband is lying on floor of home office, “stretching his back,” which I think is 80% watching TV and 20%...”
If Robin Thicke and Paula Patton were decor elements, you’d think they wou...
from The Nest Blog » house & home
Today, I received a question from a man who wanted to know if he could eat his ...
If there is one place to be this Summer, it's Mexico's Flora Farm. Asi...
from Home sweet home. | POPSUGAR Home
Last we checked, ice cream is supposed to melt if it isn't kept chilled. ...
from Tastepartner on The Huffington Post
from HuffPost Home - The Huffington Post
This week on Houzz, there was a strong theme of inventiveness, of people whose ...