- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless halibut, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 shiitake mushrooms (about 4 ounces)
- 2 scallions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Heat broiler. Cook the brown rice according to the package directions.
- Combine the cilantro, shallot, vinegar, red pepper, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and a pinch salt in a small bowl.
- Combine the halibut, mushrooms, scallions, the remaining tablespoon of oil, and a pinch each of salt and black pepper in a medium bowl. Thread onto skewers. Broil, turning once, until the halibut is opaque throughout, 7 to 9 minutes.
- Serve the kebabs over the brown rice with the sauce.