Tomato and Shallot Salad
8 Hands-On Time: 0hr 10m Total Time: 0hr 30m
- 6 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 large, ripe tomatoes
- In a bowl, combine the shallots, lemon juice, vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper. Let stand for 20 minutes or until the shallots are softened.
- Thinly slice the tomatoes and arrange on serving plates or a platter. Spoon the shallots and vinaigrette over the tomatoes.
If pressed for time, use packages of presliced vegetables found at most supermarkets.
- Per Serving
- Calories 149.82Calories From Fat 81%
- Calcium 15.64mg
- Carbohydrate 7.2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 13.74g
- Fiber 1.5g
- Iron 0.51mg
- Protein 1.25mg
- Sat Fat 1.86g
- Sodium 77.17mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.