Sticky Grilled Chicken
Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup marmalade or apricot or peach preserves
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard (optional)
- 1 3 1/2- to 4-pound chicken, cut into pieces
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ketchup, marmalade, garlic, vinegar, red pepper, and the chili powder and mustard (if using). (At this point, the glaze can be covered and refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.)
- Heat grill to medium. Place the chicken, skin-side up, over indirect heat, close lid, and cook for 25 minutes. Brush the glaze over the skin and continue to cook, brushing once more with the glaze, until cooked through, about 20 minutes more.
Grass-fed beef is lower in fat and thus cooks faster than ordinary beef. Many chefs and butchers advise cooking it at a lower temperature.
- Per Serving
- Calories 655Calories From Fat 58%
- Fat 42g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 207mg
- Sodium 206mg
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 51g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.