Spring Pea Salad
4 Hands-On Time: 0hr 15m Total Time: 0hr 15m
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound green peas, blanched (if fresh) or thawed (if frozen)
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine the mint, capers, shallot, zest, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the peas and goat cheese and toss gently. Serve at room temperature.
Blanching vegetables locks in flavor, texture, and color, and you don't have to worry about undercooking or overcooking.
- Per Serving
- Calories 357Calories From Fat 63%
- Fat 25g
- Sat Fat 9g
- Cholesterol 30mg
- Sodium 228mg
- Carbohydrate 19g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 15g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.