- 2 cups Swanson® Beef Broth or Swanson® Beef Stock
- 3tablespoons cornstarch
- 1tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak, 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into thin strips
- 1 large green or red pepper, cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice, cooked according to package directions (about 3 cups)
- Stir the broth, cornstarch, soy sauce and garlic powder in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's well browned, stirring often. Add the pepper to the skillet and cook until it's tender-crisp, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the broth mixture to the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Serve over the rice.