sponsor recipe from R.W. Knudsen®
R.W. Knudsen® Pineapple Yam Bake
- Unsalted butter for buttering baking dish, plus 1 tablespoon, divided
- 3 pounds yams
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Pillsbury BEST® Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or coarse sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated nutmeg
- 1 cup cubed (1/2-inch) fresh pineapple
- 1 cup R.W. Knudsen® Organic Pineapple Juice
- HEAT oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 2 quart baking dish.
- FILL large stockpot with water, bring to a boil.
- Add yams with skins on and boil until tender but firm, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on a baking sheet or work surface. When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into 3/4-inch rounds.
- COMBINE brown sugar, flour, orange and lemon peel, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg in small bowl. Cut 1 tablespoon butter into the mixture until coarse crumbs form.
- PLACE half the yams in prepared baking dish. Cover with half the brown sugar mixture.
- Add remaining half of yams, and cover with the diced pineapple.
- Sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mixture.
- Pour pineapple juice over all ingredients in baking dish and bake 45 minutes.