ground black pepper
4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
2 small red onions, cut in quarters
1 pound new potatoes, cut in quarters
8 ounces fresh whole baby carrots (about 16), green tops trimmed to 1-inch-long
1 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
chopped fresh oregano leaves
Chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the flour, black pepper and paprika on a plate. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- Add the onions and potatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots, broth, lemon juice and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the skillet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with the thyme, if desired.