- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8teaspoon paprika
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves (about 2 pounds)
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small red onions, cut in quarters
- 1 pound new potatoes, cut in quarters
- 8 ounces fresh whole baby carrots (about 16), green tops trimmed to 1-inch-long
- 1 1/2 cups Swanson® Chicken Broth or Swanson® Chicken Stock
- 3tablespoons lemon juice
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Stir the flour, black pepper and paprika on a plate. Coat the chicken with the flour mixture.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet. Pour off any fat.
- Add the onions and potatoes to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the carrots, broth, lemon juice and oregano and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Cover the skillet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the skillet.
- Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with the thyme, if desired.