sponsor recipe from R.W. Knudsen®
R.W. Knudsen® Orange French Toast
- Warm Orange Sauce:
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup R.W. Knudsen® Simply Nutritious® Natural Morning Blend® Juice Blend
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel, divided
- French Toast:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup R.W. Knudsen Family® Orange Juice
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 8 thick slices French bread or Texas Toast
- To make orange sauce: COMBINE sugar, morning juice blend and 2 tablespoons orange peel in small saucepan, stirring well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer until thickened (about 5 minutes), stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cover to keep warm.
- MELT 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet. Beat eggs, half-and-half, orange juice, remaining 1 tablespoon orange peel, nutmeg and salt in medium bowl.
- DIP 4 bread slices, one at a time, into egg mixture, coating well. Let drain. Arrange in skillet and cook on each side until browned. Repeat procedure with remaining bread slices, adding additional butter to skillet as needed. Serve hot with Orange Sauce.