- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/4 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 1/4 stick Crisco® Baking Sticks All-Vegetable Shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 450°F. Spray a cookie sheet lightly with no-stick cooking spray. Place flour in large bowl. Cut in shortening with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir with fork until soft dough forms and mixture begins to pull away from sides of bowl.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface just until smooth. Roll out dough to ½-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2-inch round cutter. Place biscuits with sides touching on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Old-fashioned Buttermilk Biscuits: Substitute ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk for milk; add ¼ teaspoon baking soda to flour, if desired.