- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 2 1/2 cups Martha White® Self-Rising Flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1 (7 ounce) package dried apricots, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk, or as needed
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spray a large cookie sheet with no-stick cooking spray. Combine flour and sugar in large bowl; mix well. Cut in ½ cup butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in apricots.
- Beat egg in 1-cup measuring cup. Add enough buttermilk to egg to make 1 cup. Stir in almond extract. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir gently until soft dough forms. Drop dough by ¼ cupfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Brush scones with 2 tablespoons melted butter. Serve warm or cool.