You Can Freeze That?
Your freezer isn't just for quarts of soup or pizzas. Try freezing these surprising items (in airtight bags or containers)
to extend their shelf life.
By Susie Theodorou
- Chicken broth, three months
- Coconut (grated), two months
- Gingerroot, two months
- Hard cheeses (such as Parmesan, Romano, Cheddar, and Swiss), six months
- Milk, one month (Freeze the carton upright.)
- Nuts, two months
- Pancakes and waffles, one month (Reheat these straight from the freezer.)
- Rice (cooked and frozen in small portions), one month
- Tomato paste, three months
- Unsalted butter, six months