You Can Freeze That?
Your freezer isn't just for quarts of soup or pizzas. Try freezing these surprising items (in airtight bags or containers) to extend their shelf life.
- Chicken broth, three months
- Coconut (grated), two months
- Gingerroot, two months
- Hard cheeses (such as Parmesan, Romano, Cheddar, and Swiss), six months
- Milk, one month (Freeze the carton upright.)
- Nuts, two months
- Pancakes and waffles, one month (Reheat these straight from the freezer.)
- Rice (cooked and frozen in small portions), one month
- Tomato paste, three months
- Unsalted butter, six months