Roasted Apricots with Sugared Pecans and Dulce de Leche
8 Hands-On Time: 0hr 05m Total Time: 0hr 05m
- 12 apricots, halved
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche (or substitute Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream)
- Heat broiler.
- Place apricot halves, cut side up, on one half of a baking sheet. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons of butter; sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- In a small bowl, toss pecans with remaining butter and sugar and spread them out on the other half of the baking sheet.
- Broil for 2 to 3 minutes, watching carefully, until apricots begin to brown and pecans are lightly toasted.
- Place three apricot halves on each plate, drizzle with warm dulce de leche, and sprinkle with the pecans.
To toast nuts, brown them in a dry skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 245Calories From Fat 1%
- Calcium 73mg
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Cholesterol 20mg
- Fat 16g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 3mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 26mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101.