Roast Beef Cocktail Sandwiches with Herb Butter
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 baguettes
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced roasted beef tenderloin or deli roast beef
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, horseradish, parsley, and salt. Cut each baguette in half lengthwise. Spread the butter on both sides of each baguette. Arrange the beef on the bottom half of the baguette. Sandwich with the top half of the baguette. Use a serrated knife to slice each baguette into 12 portions.
There are three main grades of beef: prime, choice, and select. The more marbling (streaks of fat), the more flavorful the meat and the higher the grade.