- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup long-grain white rice (uncooked)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 large Savoy cabbage leaves
- 3 cups marinara sauce (from one 24-ounce jar)
- Combine the pork, rice, onion, garlic, pine nuts, raisins, dill, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl.
- Place the meat mixture in the center of the cabbage leaves, dividing evenly. Roll the leaves over the filling, folding in the sides of the leaves as you go.
- Combine the marinara and 1/4 cup water in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Top with the stuffed cabbage, seam-side down. Cover and cook until the meat is cooked through and the rice is tender, on low for 6 to 7 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve the stuffed cabbage topped with the sauce and additional dill. Tip It is easiest to make the rolls using large leaves (6 to 8 inches). When you run out of large leaves, overlap small ones to create a bigger surface and hold in all of the filling.