"Women happily in love―they burn the food. Women unhappily in love―they forget to turn the oven on," a chef tells a lovelorn Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina. And it's true. Have you ever cooked a dinner for someone you love only to find that the stress of putting it all together left you feeling as romantic as a Brussels sprout?
The solution is to choose a simple menu: a one-pan dish to be made the day of the dinner and a scrumptious dessert to be made the day before. And be sure to have a bottle of champagne chilling―it will smooth over any culinary angst.
- Sparkling Passion Fruit Apéritifs
- Mini Pork Rack with Roasted Potatoes and Green Beans
- Warm Green Olives
- Romantic Brownie Sundaes
The Preparation Timeline
The day before:
- Bake and cool the brownies. Cut out the heart shapes.
- Make the Raspberry Sauce.
- Dress the Mini Pork Rack.
- Place the sparkling wine in the refrigerator to chill.
The evening of:
- Forty-five minutes before your guest arrives, place the pork and vegetables in the oven.
- When your guest arrives, remove the pork from the oven, warm the olives, and sip Sparkling Passion-Fruit Aperitifs while the pork rests.