- 1/2 cup red quinoa
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 6-ounce pieces boneless, skinless salmon
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the cream and cook until thickened, 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in the spinach and cooked quinoa.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Serve the salmon with the creamed spinach and quinoa.