- 24 vanilla cupcakes*
- 1 recipe vanilla frosting**
- 1/2 cup seedless red fruit jelly, such as strawberry or raspberry
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Cut a 1-inch-wide cone-shaped piece out of the center of each cupcake using a paring knife; reserve. Hollow out a little cake from the center of each cupcake using a melon baller or a teaspoon. Fill each hole with 1 teaspoon jelly. Replace the cone-shaped piece on top of the jelly, pointing downward.
- Spread the frosting on the cupcakes and dust generously with powdered sugar.
Note: Cupcakes are best eaten the day they’re made, but will keep up to 2 days in an airtight container.